Monday, November 30, 2009

10 good reasons to dislike linux

I have to say I really enjoyed this article, being an adamant linux user, I really think he hits home with some really hard hitting points. Of course, the article is written about his personal experience as someone working in IT, so some of his points may (and probably won't) be a factor for you. My favourite point is point no.10 where he comments on a serious (but in my opinion, inevitable) issue with free software and business.

10. Stability - For eight years, I owned and operated a computer consulting business and whenever I converted parts of my client's infrastructure to Linux, I basically hurt myself. I hurt myself by giving them something so stable and unbreakable that I found myself wondering why I had done such a silly thing.... It wasn't until I had several of my clients on Linux that I realized what I had done. I was killing my business.

LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment